If you are planning to design and implement an online marketing campaign from scratch, there is one thing that you will have to do for sure – choose a web hosting service to be able to publish your website on the world wide web. There are various types of web hosting services available on the Internet, three of which are:
- Dedicated hosting services are chosen by large businesses because of features such as flexibility, security, and independence available to their users.
- Shared hosting services are used by relatively small businesses that prefer cost effective options. Shared hosting comes with fewer facilities because of reduced cost.
- Cloud hosting services are a hybrid of and contain the best features of dedicated and shared hosting services. They have many of the features that dedicated hosting services do and are cost effective at the same time.
Since cloud hosting services have become so popular, numerous hosting companies have started offering it to clients. However, like all other online companies, not all web hosting companies are to be trusted. It is possible for them to make false claims and make you pay for something you are never going to get. Although it is always good to go for a brand that has been recommended to you by someone, if you want to explore services on your own, keep an eye out for certain red flags.
Following are some things that will protect you on your way.
- Ah-mazing Discounts After carefully analyzing the rates of renowned cloud hosting services, if you come across a service that offers an outrageous discount, beware! If offering such price cuts to customers was possible, big hosting services would have done it already.
- Impossible Features There are two types of features that cloud hosting companies offer their clients – reasonably good and too-good-to-be-true. Yes, there are some ‘benefits’ that are simply not possible. For example, some scams offer their clients ‘unlimited bandwidth’. Since bandwidth requires hardware to back it, it is not possible for a company to offer its clients added bandwidth without charging them more. Always read the fine print before you sign up for any cloud hosting service.
- Guarantee Almost all services we use today offer money back guarantees. Guarantees show that the services providers are intent upon satisfying their customers well and go to any extent to meet their needs. Talking specifically about the cloud hosting industry, all legitimate companies offer money back guarantee to their clients so if you come across one that does not, remember, the risk is not worth taking. Again, make sure to read the fine print. Look for at least a 30-day money-back guarantee… you want some time to set up your website and see how it runs before your guarantee period runs out!
- Reviews Read customer reviews – but with a grain of salt. They may contain valuable information, especially on legitimate review sites, but many are fraudulent and written by competitors or the company itself. Why not use your favourite social networking tool to ask for recommendations? Or even call the company itself – if you reach a friendly, knowledgeable customer service representative, that bodes well for your future dealings with the company!Before you embark upon your journey to online marketing, make sure that you make the right decisions when it comes to choosing among different cloud hosting services.